KytoCel Ribbon is a soft, sterile, absorbent gelling fibre ribbon made from chitosan.
KytoCel Ribbon is highly absorbent, conformable and transforms into a soft gel upon absorption of exudate1,2,3. KytoCel Ribbon helps maintain a moist wound healing environment for optimal wound healing, conforming closely to the wound bed for optimal interaction.
The dressing can aid autolytic debridement and will remain intact during use (one-piece removal)4,5. KytoCel Ribbon will not damage newly formed tissue4,5.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
KytoCel Ribbon is indicated for the management of wet cavity and sinus wounds.
Under medical supervision KytoCel Ribbon may be used for the management sinuses resulting from:
- Pressure sores
- Venous ulcers
- Diabetic ulcers
- Leg ulcers
- Donor sites and Graft sites
- Post-operative wounds
- Skin abrasions and lacerations
- Superficial and partial thickness burns
- Trauma wounds
KytoCel Ribbon is not indicated for use for surgical implantation, third degree burns or to control heavy bleeding. KytoCel Ribbon should not be used on patients, who are sensitive to, or who have had an allergic reaction to the dressing or its component chitin (chitosan).
KytoCel Ribbon is not intended for use as a surgical sponge.
Always refer to the IFU provided with the dressing before use.
|Product Code||Dressing||Size||Qty||PiP Code||NHS Code|
2.5cm x 45cm
- Li et al. J Bioact Compat Polym 1992; 7(4): 370–97
- Khor and Lim. Biomaterials 2003; 24(13): 2339–49
- Foda et al. Drug Dev Ind Pharm 2007; 33(1): 7–17
- Data on file. KytoCel dressing assessment.
- Data on file. Summary report. Performance comparison TR342